Website Saint Peter's International College
Reporting to: Head Master
Main Purpose: Teaching to the highest possible professional standards, supporting and upholding the Aims and Ethos of the College. To be familiar with, and to operate effectively, the many and various policies and systems by which the pupils are cared for.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Teaching and Associated activities
- Teaching a range of classes as specified by the Head Master, who will balance the needs of the pupils and those of the members of the other teaching staff with those of the post-holder, taking into account the particular skills and expertise.
- Teaching up to a notional maximum of 21 out of 30 fifty minute periods per week, for a full time teacher. It is occasionally necessary to teach more than this in a particular year but every effort will be made not to allow this to persist for more than one academic year.
- Planning lessons to ensure that schemes of work are effectively covered via interesting, engaging activities, which take account of the differing needs of the pupils in the class.
- Assessing the work of the pupils according to the assessment and marking policies so as to measure progress and inform planning of appropriate lessons. Making pupil marks available to the Head Master and to other senior colleagues when required.
- Making use of the rewards and sanctions systems.
- Reporting on the work of the pupils to parents and pastoral staff via the systems set out.
- Taking part in Parents’ Evenings.
- Providing comments on University Applicants for those compiling references.
Co-Curricular activities (including Games)
- Teaching staff are expected to lead and participate in a variety of these activities according to the School’s need.
- Teachers must lead on at least 1 Club per week and to be involved at some weekends. Enthusiasm and an interest is the key here.
- “Duty teams”: being a member on a rotating basis to carry out various supervisory duties as specified by the Head Master.
- Taking a full and active roll in the Boarding life of the school.
- Other duties that the Headmaster might reasonably request.
- The fully inclusive remuneration package is competitive with new members starting at the point on the salary scale which is appropriate to their experience.
- Accommodation may be available if eligible.
- The College strongly encourages staff to attend CPD and provides a budget to facilitate this.
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance.
- School breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments are provided during term-time.
The successful candidate must maintain the confidentiality of information regarding the College, its staff and its business as sensitive and confidential materials are regularly handled.
To apply for this job please visit www.stpetersfr.com.