CISC Poetry Competition 2020
Through our work with member schools, CISC aims to develop the creative opportunities for our students and provide them with a platform to air their voice. Every year, CISC invites the young people within our schools to share their artistic talents in our Christmas Card Competition and their literary prowess in our Poetry Competition.
These events create an important forum for expression and vision from those that we seek to inspire and educate.
2020 Poetry Competition Details:
CISC Schools are invited to submit entries to this year’s competition. Details for submitting work are as follows:
- Theme – “Gifts”
- Poems can be in any style (metrical, free verse, rhymed etc.).
- The maximum length of a poem should be 20 lines.
- Each poem must be typed on a single side of A4 and include the entrant’s name, age, and school.
- The theme is an invitation to imaginative engagement and need not be a literal description of the theme.
- The poems will be judged by the Secretariat and the judge’s decision is final.
- There will be two age categories: a JUNIOR category (up to age 13) and a SENIOR category (from 14 to 18)
- For each entry, schools need to email poems in a Word document to email@example.com by Tuesday 12 May 2020.
- Winning entries in each category will be announced on Friday 22 May 2020.
- Schools can submit as many entries as they wish from each age group but no more than one entry per pupil.
- The entry fee is £10 per school per category (i.e. £20 for an all through school with entries in both categories).
The fee is payable by BACS to Sort Code 40 18 17 and Account Number 64019113, labelling the transfer “G710 Poetry Competition”