Fantastic news for the pupils and staff at St Columba’s College in St Albans! The school has been rated ‘Excellent’ by the ISI.
In its latest Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report, St Columba’s College has been recognised as fully compliant and ‘Excellent’ in all areas. This judgement represents the highest possible outcome that any school can achieve.
Unlike OFSTED Inspection in maintained schools, ISI reports do not give an overall grading for a school. Instead, ISI make judgements on a four-point scale: Excellent, Good, Sound and Unsatisfactory.
The inspectors’ key findings are detailed below.
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is Excellent:
- Pupils have excellent attitudes towards their learning and their knowledge, understanding and skills are highly developed.
- Pupils throughout the school are highly effective communicators.
- Pupils are extremely reflective and have well-developed study skills.
- Pupils make effective use of information and communication technology (ICT) in most areas of the curriculum.
The quality of the pupils’ development is Excellent:
- Pupils’ understanding of spirituality is excellent and permeates all areas of school life.
- Pupils have a high level of social awareness, and their collaboration skills are strong.
- Pupils have an excellent moral understanding and readily take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Pupils are extremely respectful towards one another and value diversity within the school community.
The May 2022 report is now available to read on the school’s website: https://www.stcolumbascollege.