From music to lyrical writing! Yes, slightly later than usual it’s time for the annual CISC poetry competition. Our theme this year, chosen by our Chair, is ‘Uncertainty and Opportunity’ and there will be two sections, Junior (up to and including Year 8)and Senior (year 9 onwards) with the potential for a third, Special School section depending on entries.
The closing date for entries is Friday 4th June. Cost: £10:00 per school (not per poem)
Details for entry are below, including Top Tips for Poetry Writing from last year’s judge, Tom Collingridge.
2021 Poetry Competition Details:
CISC Schools are invited to submit entries to this year’s competition. Details for submitting work are as follows:
- Theme – ‘Uncertainty and Opportunity’
- Poems can be in any style (metrical, free verse, rhymed etc.).
- The maximum length of a poem should be 20 lines.
- Each poem must be typed on a single side of A4 and include the entrant’s name, age, and school.
- The theme is an invitation to imaginative engagement and need not be a literal description of the theme.
- The poems will be judged by the Secretariat and the judge’s decision is final.
- There will be two age categories: a JUNIOR category (up to and including Year 8) and a SENIOR category (Year 9 onwards)
- For each entry, schools need to email poems in a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 4 June.
- Schools can submit as many entries as they wish from each age group but no more than one entry per pupil.
- The entry fee is £10 per school per category (i.e. £20 for an all through school with entries in both categories).
The fee is payable by BACS to Sort Code 40 18 17 and Account Number 64019113, labelling the transfer “G710 Poetry Competition”