CISC Inaugural SEND Conference
Booking is now open for the CISC Inaugural SEND Conference, a day conference for SENDCOs and those in charge of, or involved with, Special Educational Needs in Catholic schools. We hope that you, or one of your colleagues, are able to join us. Please do forward and share with your school community.
Friday 22 June 2018 at St Edward’s School, Romsey
Guest speakers include:
- “The Ten Part Lesson with Godly Play” – Annie Sutton, St Joseph’s, Cranleigh Musical Liturgy in a Catholic Special School – CJM Music
- “Supporting the learning needs of pupils with Autism” – Natasha Johnson and Nicky Chance, Pield Heath School, Uxbridge
- “Language into Literacy” – Jonathan Hetherington and Meriel Devonport, More House School
- “Therapeutic counselling in special schools” – Louise Bartel, St Edward’s
- “Technology for Communication” – Sheila Telwar and Katherine Marchant, St Rose’s, Stroud
- “Kaspar the friendly robot” – Samantha Steinke-Sanderson, St Elizabeth’s, Much Hadham and University of Hertfordshire
- “Technology to support Visually Impaired pupils” – John Patterson, St Vincent’s, Liverpool
- “Beyond Valuing Difference: a new theological perspective on learning disability” – Nicola Santamaria and Catherine Bryan
The programme offers excellent value and provides delegates with a range of useful workshops and innovative thinking on SEND Catholic education.
Further information and access to our online booking system can be found here.